Friday, August 6, 2010

Glover and Colbert

I happened to see a post on Facebook that Savion was to be on The Colbert Report last night, but I saw the post too late to catch it.  However, in this age of round the clock availability, I was able to watch it online today.  Sav is certainly a major force in the tap dance world and when I saw his recent show at The Joyce, I felt he was continuing to grow and mature as an artist.  I also found the first half of the show particularly spiritual and moving.  For me, that response had to do with his focus these days on the sound of tap rather than the look of it.  There was even an extended section of him dancing in the dark.

Here are some of his thoughts about tap and a performance with his new group of dancers.  Also dancing with him is the great Marshall Davis, Jr.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Savion Glover
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionFox News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your contribution.